Thursday, February 14, 2013

For Your Sweet Tooth

Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a deep love for desserts. In fact, I have been known to eat an entire chocoalte pie or pint of ice cream if left unattended.

Every once in awhile I'll make my own desserts, it somehow makes it taste better because I made them with love.

The first one I am going to tell ya about is Shae's dad's absolute favorite, he always ask me to make it when he comes to town. They are very rich and I recommend either only eating one or having a large glass of milk with this one.

Layered Peanut Butter Bars
Ingredients

Cookie Base
  • 1 pouch Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
  • 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
  • 1 Tablespoon Water
  • 1 egg
Filling
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons milk
Frosting
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup butter
Preparation
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom of a 13x9 pan with cooking spray
  • In a large bowl stir all the cookie base ingredients until a soft dough forms.
  • Press dough in bottom of pan and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
  • In my Kitchenaid I beat all of the filling ingredients on a medium speed until its smooth. If you don't have a Kitchenaid you can of course use a hand electric mixer. Spread the filling mixture over the cookie base.
  • In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the frosting ingredients on high 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Allow to cool for ten minutes; spread over the filling.
  • Refridgerate 30 minutes or until its set. Then cut them into little squares of whatever size you'd like.
I wish I had a pic of these delicious peanut butter bars but you better be sure that next time I make them I'll get a pic.

My next favorite make at home recipe comes from the amazing and one of a kind Ms. Paula Deen. I found the recipe a few years ago on her website but haven't been able to find it since (glad I saved it).


Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • powdered sugar for dusting
  • 1 (18oz) box of moist chocolate cake mix
  • 1 (8oz) brick of cream cheese at room temperature
  • 1 egg
  • 1 stick of butter at room temperature
Preparation
  • In my Kitchenaid I cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth then beat in the egg. Beat in the vanilla extract and then beat in the cake mix.
  • Cover and refridgerate the bowl for 2 hours to firm up so you can roll the batter into balls. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in powdered sugar. 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet (I use my large bar pan so they all cook evenly), 2 inches apart.
  • Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and gooey. Cool completely and sprinkle with more powdered sugar.

The guys at my husband's work have always LOVED this recipe. They are super addictive and disappear quickly.


Last, but definitely not least is my FAVORITE of the desserts.... Peanut Butter Fudge. I am very picky about my fudge and tried quite a few recipes before I found one I really, really loved. The winner is a Peanut Butter Fudge recipe from the peanut butter experts, Jif.

Jif Peanut Butter Fudge
Ingredients
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 2/3 cups Jif smooth peanut butter
  • 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow creme
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation
  • Line a 13x9 dish with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
  • Combine the sugar, butter, and milk in a large saucepan stirring constantly on medium heat, until the mixture comes to a boil.
  • Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
  • Add the peanut butter. Stir until well blended. Add marshmallow creme and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Spread in the prepared pan and allow to cool. Then cut it into squares whatever size you'd like.

Well, that's it for now. Check back in another day for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment