The Deep Covered Baker is a stoneware piece with lid and comes in a beautiful maroon color. It is safe for the microwave and oven. This one dish changed the way I cook forever. I now can create delicious homemade meals for my family in the microwave in literally minutes.
Chicken Bruschetta Pasta
I did not invent this recipe nor am I claiming it as my own. But I do feel that it is delicious and healthy enough that I would be selfish not to share it.
1 box of spaghetti
3 - 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/3 cup olive oil
3 plum tomatoes
- Break spaghetti in half and place in Deep Covered Baker (DCB)
- Cover with chicken stock
- Place lid on DCB and microwave 8 minutes
- After the 8 minutes give it a good stir and microwave another 8 minutes
- Cut up tomatoes and place them in the Manual Food Processor (MFP) and pump
- Using the Garlic Press, mince 2 cloves into the MFP and pump again
- Cut up basil and place in the MFP and again pump then add the 1/3 cup olive oil and pump away. Ta-Da! You just made your own pasta sauce. It is so easy that our 4-year old daughter made ours.
- Pour your sauce on top of the spaghettit and mix it in. Throw in a meat of your choice like grilled chicken, shrimp, or smoked sausage (we had grilled chicken in ours).
Wasn't that an easy one? Took 16 minutes to make a delicious, healthy, home-cooked meal for our family of 5. How many times have you been able to say that?
29 Minute Chicken
Again this one is not my recipe but I use it all the time. I never knew cooking a full size chicken could be so easy.
Whole Chicken (3-4lb)
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
Rub or seasoning of your choice
- Clean all of the guts out of the chicken and feel free to make grossed out noises like I did when I had to do it. Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in DCB, you can tie its legs together if you want but I am honestly too lazy for that kinda thing.
- Spread the oil on the chicken with a Silicone Basting Brush then cover with your favorite rub or seasoning.
- Place the DCB in the microwave UNCOVERED and cook for 28 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. And that's it! Ta-Da!
Impossibly Easy Breakfast Cassole
We have tried numerous breakfast casserole recipes over the years and it seemed like most of them were just tasteless. I really enjoy this one and so do Shae and the kids so it's a keeper. This one is originally a Betty Crocker recipe, I just switched it up Pampered Chef style. :)
2 packages breakfast sausage (we are a Jimmy Dean house)
1 medium bell pepper (we prefer red)
1 medium onion
3 cups frozen hashbrowns
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup Bisquick
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the inside of your DCB. Chop up your onion and bell pepper with the Food Chopper
- Cook the sausage onion and bell pepper in skillet until done; drain
- Stir together the sausage mixture, the hashbrowns and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese into the DCB
- Stir Bisquick, milk, pepper, and eggs, until blended. Pour into the DCB.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes and sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Cool 5 minutes.
Just looking at this pic is making me super hungry. I may have to make Shae stop by the Commissary and pick up some sausage tonight. When you scoop some out it looks like this:
So hopefully these DCB recipes will get you all pumped into trying them at your house or maybe getting a Deep Covered Baker of your very own. I am absolutely in love with mine. If people enjoy reading this post I may take a day and post some dessert recipes for the Deep Covered Baker that I also know.
To see the Deep Covered Baker in my shop you can go to www.pamperedchef.biz/tarasteward