Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chicken Tater Bake

If planned correctly this meal can be made for super-duper cheap. I will usually make this the day after we have fried chicken so I can use the left-overs or I will buy a rotisserie chicken from Wal-Mart because they are also pretty cheap. If all of those avenues are unavailable then I use the Tyson Grill'N Ready Chicken (or whatever its called, it's just cooked, frozen chicken). I actually have this in the oven as I am typing this. :)

Ingredients
  • 1 Can Cream of Chicken
  • 1/8 Cup Butter
  • 3/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 Cup Milk
  • 1 1/2 Cups Cubed Cooked Chicken
  • 1 Package of Frozen Tater Tots
Preparation
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees 
  • Combine soup, milk, and butter in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until heated through
  • Stir in chicken and 1/2 cup cheese
  • Transfer to a greased 8" square baking dish, top with tater tots and sprinkle with remaining cheese
  • Cover and bake for 35 minutes
  • Uncover; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer
Tara's Sidenote: Stretch this sucker as far as possible. If you serve it over rice then you can seriously get 2 days of meals out of it. I know what you're thinking, "Rice with tater tots? Come on Tara that's just crazy talk." Just trust me, Shae loves it with the rice and so do the kids. I of course love it because the whole meal together has usually cost me maybe $5.

www.pamperedchef.biz/tarasteward

No comments:

Post a Comment